Mexican Inspired Nourish Bowl
This quick and simple Mexican inspired recipe is a great way to finish off those leftovers in your fridge. Grab leftover salad, combine with seasoned chicken pieces, and brown rice or quinoa for a Low GI energy source. Fresh and healthy flavours are sure to be a lunchtime favourite during any weekly meal routine. Opt for reduced salt seasonings and low-fat cheese to help keep calories low.
- 100g chicken breast diced
- 1 sachet Mexican taco seasoning – reduced salt
- ½ avocado diced
- ½ cup corn kernals
- ½ cup black beans
- 4 cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup tomato salsa
- 1 cup mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 cup either cooked brown rice or quinoa
- ½ fresh lime
Optional: 20g reduced fat shredded cheese.
- Season chicken breast with taco seasoning and bake in oven at 180 degrees C for 20-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through completely.
- While chicken is cooking, slice the avocado and cherry tomatoes
- When ready to serve: layer a serving bowl or dish with the brown rice or quinoa, then top with lettuce leaves, black beans, corn, avocado, tomato salsa, tomatoes and chicken
- Add cheese if opting to use.
- Squeeze lime on top and enjoy
Active House Health Guru
Nutritionist, BNut.Sc AN
Share this great summer recipe below: